From:   "VinceB", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

1000 Yard shooting is, apart from the "wind factor" remarkably easy. No, I
wasn't smashing eggs from pieces of cotton, but my accuracy was easily
sufficient to hit within four to five feet of where I was aiming.

Richard,
That's a bit like saying that sailing round the world is easy - apart from
the weather! The whole skill of outdoor rifle-shooting is reading the
wind!!!!!!!!!
'Sufficient to hit within four to five feet' sounds like an awful lot of
room to miss!
At Bisley, there are a lot of Target Rifle shooters who can 'stay' in the 24
inch bull - that's with iron sights and sling only support.
At Diggle, with scoped, rested rifles, six-inch groups are not uncommon.
I don't think your 'four to five foot' would even impress a muzzle-loader
these days.
Cheers
Vince

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]