From:   "Alex Hamilton", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I would be very interested to hear of problems with 22 autoloaders and
especially how they were solved.
In my  club Ruger 10/22s are by far in majority and the favourite
ammunition is Blazer because the higher velocity and recoils seem to aid
reliable feeding.

However, I know from many years experience with reloading pistols with
blowback actions in 32ACP and 25ACP that the backward thrust on the
breach is not directly proportional to the pressure because at higher
pressures the resistance of the fired case to extraction also increases.
In fact, I have experienced more "violent" extraction with low pressure
pistol loads and by definition these rounds cycled the action more
reliably.

I have a Martini actioned BSA Mod. 13 which ejects Eley and RWS like a
good shotgun, i.e.  cases flying over my right shoulder.  Blazer on the
other hand has a tendency to get stuck half way out of the chamber.

Dirty chambers, as Steve mentioned above, are the kiss of death.
Unfortunately, auto loaders do not seem to be designed with easy chamber
cleaning unless the cleaning rod is inserted from the muzzle.

By the way, we pay ú128 per 5,000 for Blazer.  If anybody can get it for
less could you please tell us where.

Alex

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.