From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
>That's exactly what I was thinking.  Moving to New Zealand sounds
>wonderful but they have a tendency to copy the laws of places like
>the UK and Australia.  Look at how much stuff Thorp quoted in his
>report in New Zealand from sources like the Dunblane Public Inquiry.

>If things get worse here they will likely get worse in many other
>places, especially Commonwealth countries.  Probably not quite as
>bad as here but worse nonetheless.

>Still, if Switzerland joins the EU I'm off!

>Steve.

Neil
I think that all systems manipulate to one degree or another, but does that
make this country right?
Does it give them the right to behave in such a manner? Saying that 'this' or
'that' is worse in 'so and so' country is nothing more than a cheap cop out
excuse, that is used to show how 'better off' we are, and to shut us up.
Why do they get way with it?  Because most people just want a quiet life and
to be left alone, it is easier to let 'them' do what they want, elections are
nothing but hassle, and people seem to be learning that labour are just the
same as the tories when it comes to lying, hence 'big tony's' worry about the
publics apathy towards the next election.
Do you think you will get sport pistol shooting back in this country? Get
real. It will not happen.  Its been banned!!! It was based on a lie, bad law
is always based on lies and this country has never retracted bad law. The
politicians wanted it. The police wanted it. The media wanted it.  They got
it. All for their own reasons, which had nothing whatsoever to do with
realism or truth.  None of them care about the firearms crime in this country
or the people who are killed, you may say that it's only the bad guys killing
more bad guys, well if these bad guys aren't stopped, they may start shooting
ordinary people and that would be just too bad wouldn't it? Especially as we
are powerless to defend ourselves against them, sitting ducks ring any
bells?What they do worry about is that it might damage their political
standing\power.
If europe says that the ban is illegal what then?  I reckon that the ban
would be modified into new law which will make it totally impracticable to
actually shoot, thus still a ban, there is more than one way to skin a cat, I
can think of many ways to stop pistol shooting as a sport whilst still
allowing it to be legal.
Likewise as Steve says I think the commonwealth countries will follow the
same bullshit as this country, it is only a matter of time. So while NZ may
be a nice country, we have friends who have emigrated there this year Lynn
and I are the last of our group of couples actually in this country now, it
isn't a place I would emigrate to.
The only commonwealth country I would go to is canada.  Most people need to
be 'pushed' to emigrate, what broke the camels back for me was the pistol
ban, but before that I've thought the uk 'was a waste of space' and for a
very long time.
This place enjoys putting you down, and taxing you to the nuts if you're
successful it's even worse. In my heart I'm a pilot before a pistol shooter,
but I'm just a rich bastard who flies a plane, nobody sees the fact I don't
drink\smoke, have no children work 15hrs a day, and then the bullshit\expense
you have to go through just to fly,  I'm pissed of with this kind of
mentality, you could move next door to a small aiport in this country and
eventually get it shut down, when what should happen is the officals should
ask 'What was there first, you or the airport?'
This is the kind of public we have and it isn't confined to flying, you can
keep them, the system helped create them, the system can have them.

You leave a country because there is something about it you do not like.
You go to another country because is something about it you do like.

Please do not engage in 'but is there anything better?' conversations off
list, because, yes there is, that is our choice and I've had these chats
already, if you like this country that's ok by me, but I don't and I'm
leaving just as soon as I can manage it.

We're going to florida for two weeks tomorrow and we're damn well going to
enjoy ourselves

Take care all
roger hardley

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]