On 31/12/2020 17:08, Jon Turney wrote:
On 31/12/2020 16:01, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:
On 31.12.2020 16:52, Achim Gratz wrote:
Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps writes:
On 31.12.2020 16:47, Achim Gratz wrote:
Jon Turney writes:
This isn't totally straightforward as calm uses the python tar module
to validate the upload archives, but that doesn't (yet) support zstd
compression.
Maybe this would help until upstream gets their act together…
https://pypi.org/project/xtarfile/

do you need it as python package ?

The tricky part is if it's available on sourceware, I'd guess.

locate says no, for the time being

Thanks, but since this is only done in one spot, I think I can just arrange to pipe ztd archives through 'unzstd' before validating.

Actually, on second look, we need to look inside the archive in a couple of places (to check if it's empty, and to generate the package file listings), so using xtarfile seems like the right approach.

I can arrange to install it on sourceware, but it would be nice if python-xtarfile was packaged so it can be made a prerequisite of the calm package.