On 03.01.2021 16:19, Jon Turney wrote:
On 31/12/2020 17:08, Jon Turney wrote:
On 31/12/2020 16:01, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:
On 31.12.2020 16:52, Achim Gratz wrote:
Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps writes:
On 31.12.2020 16:47, Achim Gratz wrote:
Jon Turney writes:
This isn't totally straightforward as calm uses the python tar module
to validate the upload archives, but that doesn't (yet) support zstd
compression.

I can arrange to install it on sourceware, but it would be nice if python-xtarfile was packaged so it can be made a prerequisite of the calm package.

I will do it, but I will appreciate if package maintainers
can validate the python/pip test release I recently uploaded.
As I am rebuiling/adding python packages using latest test
and going backward is not so nice.

We will also need to modify cygport to stop automatically add
OBSOLETES as most of this packages never existed

eg python3-pytest

>>> python36-pytest requires: python36 python36-attrs python36-iniconfig python36-pluggy python36-py python36-packaging python36-toml
>>> python36-pytest OBSOLETES: python3-pytest
>>> python37-pytest requires: python37 python37-attrs python37-iniconfig python37-pluggy python37-py python37-packaging python37-toml >>> python38-pytest requires: python38 python38-attrs python38-iniconfig python38-pluggy python38-py python38-packaging python38-toml

an overall cleaning of obsoletes package may be useful in the
near future. I need to work on it.

regards
Marco