On 20/11/2022 17:16, Jon Turney wrote:
On 13/11/2022 12:47, Achim Gratz wrote:
The problem is actually a more knotty than you seem to think:
prominently ca-certificates and man-db get their knickers in a twist
when the group during post-install is different from the group of the
installed files and I suspect some other packages will run into similar
problems depending on how fussy they are with the group permissions.

I take it seriously, otherwise I would have just released a setup with those changes.

I've reverted them for the moment, since I want to do a setup release now for other reasons.

I've reapplied these changes in the latest RC, since I'm assuming the problem(s) here are resolved as of [1], but it's very difficult to tell.

[1] https://cygwin.com/git/?p=newlib-cygwin.git;a=commit;h=a5bcfe616c7e8f78f464bf045595d8213244876a