On 22/11/2022 16:00, Christian Franke wrote:
This is a first try to make these keys more obvious as requested on the Cygwin ML.

A more complex approach would be to mention only the keys which actually would change the current package state.

Thanks for this patch.

So, I appreciate what this is trying to do, but I have great difficultly convincing myself that this is the right approach.

We don't need to resort to a tooltip for any other shortcut, because there is an established visual design language to indicate those. I guess we just need to find what's consistent with pre-existing ways of indicating this kind of behaviour in other applications.