Jon Turney wrote:
On 22/11/2022 16:00, Christian Franke wrote:
This is a first try to make these keys more obvious as requested on the Cygwin ML.

A more complex approach would be to mention only the keys which actually would change the current package state.

Thanks for this patch.

So, I appreciate what this is trying to do, but I have great difficultly convincing myself that this is the right approach.

I'm also not sure. An alternative would possibly be some help below the listbox, centered in the same line as "Hide obsolete packages".

We don't need to resort to a tooltip for any other shortcut, because there is an established visual design language to indicate those.  I guess we just need to find what's consistent with pre-existing ways of indicating this kind of behaviour in other applications.

Cygwin setup is somewhat uncommon as there is no default menu bar with drop-down menus. Accelerator keys are traditionally mentioned there.