On 07/03/2023 04:44, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:
Hi Guys,

I was looking to start packing 3.10.X but I noticed
that 3.11.2 is already out.

Should I skip 3.10 and go directly to 3.11 ?

I think that's probably the right thing to do.

It takes us a long while to find the maintainer time to get all the modules and bindings updated, so trying to do that for both 3.10 and 3.11 probably isn't a good idea.

(although I'm probably in a place now where I have enough automation to start trying to do automatic rebuilds of affected packages)

I am also considering to not update anymore python36-* and python37-*

That also seems reasonable, since 3.6 is already EOL and 3.7 is EOL in Jun.

  • next python Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps
    • Re: next python Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps