On 08.03.2023 22:40, Jon Turney wrote:
On 07/03/2023 04:44, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:
Hi Guys,

I was looking to start packing 3.10.X but I noticed
that 3.11.2 is already out.

Should I skip 3.10 and go directly to 3.11 ?

I think that's probably the right thing to do.

thanks for confirming

It takes us a long while to find the maintainer time to get all the modules and bindings updated, so trying to do that for both 3.10 and 3.11 probably isn't a good idea.

(although I'm probably in a place now where I have enough automation to start trying to do automatic rebuilds of affected packages)

the major problem will be testing as on the main packages (python3X)
it stacks on some IO.
Almost all the python3X-* packages require the packages to
be installed for the test to work.
Usually I run only manually the test for 3.9 versions to save time.

I am also considering to not update anymore python36-* and python37-*

That also seems reasonable, since 3.6 is already EOL and 3.7 is EOL in Jun.

Regards
Marco
  • next python Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps
    • Re: next python Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps
      • Re: next python Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps