On 12/07/2023 16:11, Daisuke Fujimura via Cygwin-apps wrote:
I don't quite understand what this last line here means? Dead upstream?

Ruby/GTK2 has been removed in Ruby/GNOME 3.4.4.
- https://github.com/ruby-gnome/ruby-gnome/blob/4.1.8/NEWS.rd#L418

If this is the case, should I continue to maintain Ruby/GTK2 3.4.3?

It seems to be maintained in fedora.
- https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/rubygem-gtk2

I see. Thanks for explaining.

I don't think there's anything wrong with continuing to provide that package, particularly if fedora does.

More broadly, there's probably some GNOME2-era stuff in the Cygwin distro which is not widely used and perhaps could be removed, but idk who is going to identify and progress that...