小さい猫 via Cygwin-apps writes:
> i am not familiar with the ocaml stuffs, and i dont quite understand
> what is the problem ur currently getting.

Dune cannot be fully built because lwt.unix or one of it's dependencies
is missing.  I could built a bootstrapped package, but that later runs
into trouble when I need to build packages that require the things not
in the bootstrap build.  Just about every Linux distribution seems to
have a different way of working around these dependency problems and
none look anything like what Cygwin had.  Anyway, I've found a Fedora
patch that just removes the lwt dependency and sdurprise, dune still
builds and actually packages.

> however, i did tried to compile ocaml-dune version 2.9.3 and 3.7.1
> (for ocaml 4.14) previously for some other personal reason (not for
> llvm), and here are the prebuilt binaries of dune 3.7.1 if you
> need[1], i kinda forgot how i bootstrapped it.

I can get to that point with a bootstrap build or even a fully
configured one with opam.  If I could figure out how to get opam to
actually install into the system and not this bloody unexplained thing
that it calls "switches" (which are maybe a totally cool thing, but I
neither need nor want them) I could likely bootstrap the whole thing and
get the packages rebuilt that the OCaml LLVM bindings need.

Anyway, now that I have dune (I think), I could build integers as a
prerequisite of ctypes, which apparently now also needs bigarry-compat
and who knows what else (even though Cygwin didn't have these before).
Then maybe that's enough to get the OCaml bindings back in LLVM.

Regards,
Achim.