I have very simple script that all it needs to do is export some
environment variables.  I can't seem to get it to work.  All it does is..

export PS2DEV=/usr/ps2dev

If I do this on the command line it works fine..  and if I place it in
/etc/profile it works also.  I assume whats happenning is its starting a
shell.. setting the environment variable and then closing the shell.
 How do I write a script that modifies the current environment?

If I can get the one line working I'll be expanding it, so doing it on
the command line everytime is not an option.

I have the cygwin 1.3.12-4 installed.  I also tried going back to
1.3.10-1 to see if it was a bug.  I'm hoping theres something small I'm
missing.

Thanks,
David.