On 19/07/2012 19:02, Eric Blake wrote:

Why bother?  csh syntax is non-standard, and in my opinion, it is ugly
(others around here disagree, or tcsh would have died long ago, but
that's a different story - it's mostly people that were on a system that
picked csh as its default shell long before standardization picked
Bourne over csh syntax).
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/unix-faq/shell/csh-whynot/

Ok, I understand that you don't have to execute both lang.sh or lang.csh; they are executed depending on the shell you have, there is no need to run both, in fact they do the same. Default shell will suffice and is better for porting scripts.