Am 29.01.2020 um 10:44 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
On Jan 28 07:41, Marco Atzeri wrote:
Am 27.01.2020 um 12:33 schrieb Takashi Yano:
On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 07:45:08 +0100
Marco Atzeri wrote:
Can you and Takashi provide me your cygcheck.out so that I can look on
possible difference that could influence the build behaviour.

Attached.

Thanks Takashi,

I duplicated your installation from scratch on my W10 Home
and it fails again in the same place.

So I am now almost sure that the recent MS updates changed/broke
something in W10 Home. :-((

Assuming it does not break German systems and left immune
Japanese ones  :-?

I will try to install the same in a W10 Pro and if that
does not segfault I can try the lengthy process to compare
the object/dll/exec files to see where is the difference.

Corinna,
there are specific code differences in Cygwin DLL between
W10 Home and Pro ?

Sorry for the late reply, Marco.

No, there are no code differences in Cygwin based on "Home" vs.  "Pro"
vs. "Enterprise" editions.  Differences are mainly based on Windows
versions, as in W10 1803, W10 1809, etc.  Other differences in code
execution are based on workstation vs. server (evaluating scheduling
timing from registry) or stand-alone vs. domain machine (passwd/group
stuff).  Of course, even small differences in your setup (Windows
permissions, etc.) may lead to very different code execution.

If you suspect a Cygwin bug, it would be helpful to see an strace
of the crash.

Corinna

If is a BUG, it seems at compilation time as it produces binary with
different behaviour than before.
I was not able to segfault the old binary, I have problem in
all new built binaries.

I assume the 1909 build 18363.592 2020-01-14 arisen it.

As Octave uses gnulib, it is possible that the changes in MS are causing
a different subset of gnulib to be used than before, may be exposing
a latent bug or race.

Unfortunately my old build tree was polluted by mistake, so I can
not directly compare a good build tree versus a failing one.

Just noticed that MS released yesterday a 18363.628 2020-01-28
unusually just 2 weeks after previous one.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/

Regards
Marco