On Tue, Jul 07, 2020 at 04:45:28PM -0500, Mike Brown wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 07, 2020 at 04:17:43PM -0500, Mike Brown wrote:
> > Several years ago I was provided with info on how to get command expansion
> > to work inside for loops.  I run under Zsh.  It was done for the install
> > that
> > I have under XP.  I've since installed cygwin under Win7-64 and want to get
> > the expansion working again, but do not remember what was done to get it
> > to work.
>
> Brain fart.  Never an issue with XP, as the Zsh version is 2.4.6.  The Win7
> version is 5.3.
>
> I thought I had it working.  It might be because I think I reinstalled
> cygwin as I redid the OS.  In any event, it is no longer working.

Nevermind.  I found it.  It was when I went to Fedora 25 and a 5.x version
of Zsh that the issue arose.  I dug thru some e-mail and it was via the
Zsh mail list that I was provided with the answer.  It was Jun 14, 2017,
that I updated the .zshrc file.  Brain got fuzzy over the three years.

I added the changes to the cygwin version of my .zshrc file and it worked.

MB
--
e-mail: vid...@vidiot.com | vid...@vidiot.net            /~\ The ASCII
        6082066...@email.uscc.net (140 char limit)       \ / Ribbon Campaign