On 7/7/2020 3:06 PM, Mike Brown wrote:
On Tue, Jul 07, 2020 at 04:45:28PM -0500, Mike Brown wrote:
On Tue, Jul 07, 2020 at 04:17:43PM -0500, Mike Brown wrote:
> Several years ago I was provided with info on how to get command expansion
> to work inside for loops.  I run under Zsh.  It was done for the install that
> I have under XP.  I've since installed cygwin under Win7-64 and want to get
> the expansion working again, but do not remember what was done to get it
> to work.

Brain fart.  Never an issue with XP, as the Zsh version is 2.4.6.  The Win7
version is 5.3.

I thought I had it working.  It might be because I think I reinstalled
cygwin as I redid the OS.  In any event, it is no longer working.

Nevermind.  I found it.  It was when I went to Fedora 25 and a 5.x version
of Zsh that the issue arose.  I dug thru some e-mail and it was via the
Zsh mail list that I was provided with the answer.  It was Jun 14, 2017,
that I updated the .zshrc file.  Brain got fuzzy over the three years.

I added the changes to the cygwin version of my .zshrc file and it worked.

MB

You got us reading three posts, so we're fully invested in your issue, and then
you don't share the answer? That's just cruel :)