On 11.08.2020 08:35, Subramanya Narayanaswamy via Cygwin wrote:
Hi Andrey,

Thanks for the response.

Basically I have an Cloud control Agent server on LINUX host and Cloud control
would like connect to Windows hosts over an SSH protocol. So for that I have
installed CYGWIN on my client windows machine and tried to configure
ssh-host-config. It is taking default SYSTEM user ( example: if my local
account is SUBBU) and generating the profile files. Now I can user the below
command to connect to windows host over SSH using username and password that is
SYSTEM default.

ssh user1@IP

But here I want to create a separate user to authenticate from Cloud controller
to target client with ssh setup and password based authentication.

Hope I answered your question?

Subramanya

you are confusing the user that runs the sshd services (SYSTEM) with the
user that uses the sshd service and connects through ssh

/usr/bin/ssh-host-config sets the first
/usr/bin/ssh-user-config sets the second

$ cygcheck -l openssh |grep -- -config
/usr/bin/ssh-host-config
/usr/bin/ssh-user-config