From: Stephen Carrier [mailto:carr...@berkeley.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2020 9:29 PM
To: Subramanya Narayanaswamy <subramanya.narayansw...@oracle.com>
Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Need information on creating service user to connect from the
Agent server to Windows hosts for installing agents on remote

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 01:43:30PM +0000, Subramanya Narayanaswamy via Cygwin
wrote:
> Do you have any steps to follow to create an admin user using ssh-user-config
> command? Because when I run ssh-user-config it is taking SYSTEM user as
> default user name and doesn't prompt to create new user for the purpose of
> connecting remotely to the target windows host which runs CYGWIN.

I think you just need to create a regular windows users, or use one that
already exists.  I use ssh extensively to connect to various windows accounts
and have never touched ssh-user-config.  Just ssh and use the windows login and
password.  It can be an Administrator account.

Stephen