On 11/25/2020 4:47 PM, Norton Allen wrote:
In my recent tests, it appears as though it is not possible to successfully connect via two Unix Domain sockets from one client application to one server application.

Specifically, if I create a server which listens on a Unix Domain socket and a client, which attempts to connect() twice, both seem to lock up. This is not the behavior under Linux.

I will be happy to work up a minimal example if it is helpful in tracking this down. I wanted to start by asking whether this is a known limitation and/or if there is something about the Cygwin implementation that makes this sort of thing very difficult.

A minimal example would be extremely helpful.

Corinna can answer questions about limitations in the current implementation. But there is a new implementation under development. It's in the topic/af_unix branch of the Cygwin git repository if you're interested in looking at it.

Corinna began working on this a couple years ago, and I've recently been trying to finish it. I've made quite a bit of progress, but there's still more to do and undoubtedly many bugs. So any test cases you have would be very useful.

Ken