[Adding the Cygwin list back to the Cc.]

On 11/26/2020 11:27 AM, Norton Allen wrote:
On 11/25/2020 5:27 PM, Ken Brown via Cygwin wrote:
On 11/25/2020 4:47 PM, Norton Allen wrote:
In my recent tests, it appears as though it is not possible to successfully connect via two Unix Domain sockets from one client application to one server application.

Specifically, if I create a server which listens on a Unix Domain socket and a client, which attempts to connect() twice, both seem to lock up. This is not the behavior under Linux.

I will be happy to work up a minimal example if it is helpful in tracking this down. I wanted to start by asking whether this is a known limitation and/or if there is something about the Cygwin implementation that makes this sort of thing very difficult.

A minimal example would be extremely helpful.

Corinna can answer questions about limitations in the current implementation. But there is a new implementation under development. It's in the topic/af_unix branch of the Cygwin git repository if you're interested in looking at it.

Corinna began working on this a couple years ago, and I've recently been trying to finish it.  I've made quite a bit of progress, but there's still more to do and undoubtedly many bugs. So any test cases you have would be very useful.

Thanks Ken,

As it happens, attempting to produce a minimal example suggests my problem may be somewhere else. I think I've worked in most of the features of my application one by one but have not yet revealed a failure.

OK. But if you ever do have occasion to write small test programs involving AF_UNIX sockets, please send them on. The new AF_UNIX code needs as much testing as it can get.

Ken