On 04.02.2021 13:13, Daniel Röhrborn via Cygwin wrote:
I have this issue on three different PCs (Win7_32bit, 2x Win10_64bit) with the
latest Cygwin installer.
I installed Cygwin gcc/g++/gdb. Compiler works but gdb doesn't output anything
when started. It seems to have blocked right after start. What could cause this
behaviour?

When I downgrade to gdb version 7.10.1-1 it works normally and outputs its
startup message.
But with any higher version (7.12.1-2, 8.0.1-1, 8.1.1-1, 8.2.1-1, 8.3.1-1,
9.2-1, 10.1-1) I get no output at all. The process hangs forever. Running GDB
from the Cygwin Terminal also doesn't help.
Since nobody else seems to have similar problems, I think it could be a
configuration problem.

Kind regards
Daniel R.

Hi Daniel,
does not start, as it goes back directly to the shell, or it seems stacked and typing "quit" it exits back to the shell ?

The first effect is caused by missing or mismatched DLL's.

The second I have seen on my W10 only if I run GDB from CMD and the Cygwin bin directory is not in the PATH

Regards
Marco