NightStrike via Cygwin wrote:
Older versions of windows had a setting to optimize the OS for either
background services or foreground applications. One of the things this did
was throttle network usage. I don't know if windows 10 has the same setting
though.

Yes, it does. Getting to it is a pain. Search the "Settings" thingy for "Advanced system settings". That will bring up the System Properties dialog you used to be able to get to from the Control Panel. Click the Advanced tab. Under Performance, click Settings... . Click the Advanced tab there. Right in that dialog there's a Processor Scheduling box where you select for best performance of "Programs" or "Background services".

It would be interesting to hear what it's currently set to before you try changing it. Try to keep all your testcases the same so we're dealing with apples to apples.

..mark