On 10/19/2021 6:11 AM, Friedrich Romstedt via Cygwin wrote:
Hi,

Some months ago (in August 2021) I tried using ImageTk in Python on
Cygwin and stumbled over a dysfunction.  To help tracking down the
issue I wrote up an HTML document and uploaded it to
https://github.com/friedrichromstedt/bughunting-02.  There is a
minimal Test Case included in this github repo.

I updated my whole Cygwin installation just this moment and found the
behaviour unchanged with respect to what I've observed that time.

Any pointer would be very much appreciated.

This is a long shot, but I see that you use harfbuzz and freetype2. An issue was just observed with the latest builds of those two packages:

  https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/2021-October/249610.html

I'm in the process of rebuilding them. Please try again once the rebuilds are announced (probably later today).

Ken