On 10/26/2021 1:55 PM, Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin wrote:
We're also planning to drop Support for the 32 bit release of Cygwin in
2022, thus Cygwin 3.4.0 won't come in 32 bit anymore, and the package
maintainers won't have to update 32 bit packages anymore.  If you're
still running Cygwin under WOW64, consider to move to 64 bit in the next
couple of months.
Except for my 32-bit Windows 7 (upgraded to 8.1) netbook, the only reason I still install Cygwin32 in parallel with Cygwin64 is so I can install the XEmacs packages.  Anyone know more about the difficulty in getting those packages to work on 64-bit?  XEmacs from EPEL works fine on 64-bit Linux, FWIW.

From past attempts, I know it would take far too much time (and Elisp programming) to get GNU Emacs up to the usability level that I've had XEmacs at since the '90s.

(w3m-img is another package only available on Cygwin32 that I install, but I don't use it and am not concerned about that one.)

Thanks,
Dan Harkless