On Fri, Jul 8, 2022 at 5:59 PM Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]
via Cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> > The latest version of gdb that is not a test version is 11.2. But
> > you are using 9.2.
>
> I am using the older dumper as well, my working cygwin is not cutting edge.
>
> $ dumper -V
> dumper (cygwin) 3.2.0
>
> What I am coming at is that if dumper is not consistent with gdb,
> that does not make any sense.  They should always be consistent at
> any given time, so if the packages (dumper's and gdb's) installed together,
> they would be able to cooperate.
>
> Anton Lavrentiev
> Contractor NIH/NLM/NCBI

I've encountered similar issues with other things in Cygwin. The fact
that it is a rolling release means that there is no such thing as a
stable release. I've been using Cygwin for at least 20 years and I've
learned that once I get a setup that seems to be stable, I do not
upgrade anything unless there is a very pressing reason to do so.

This is a pain in the butt, but it is what it is. I still find that
Cygwin is better suited than WSL for my primary needs of writing
scripts and filters to make my life in Windows easier.