On 12/9/2022 4:34 PM, Jose Isaias Cabrera via Cygwin wrote:

Greetings!

Using these commands,

./configure --host=i686-w64-mingw32 CFLAGS=-shared CFLAGS=-static-libgcc
make sqlite3.exe sqlite3.dll

I can create the sqlite3 DOS application and the sqlite3 Windows 10 DLL. I have
no problem with the DLL. But with the sqlite3.exe CLI tool, I can run it in the
Cygwin environment, and I can also double click on the app from the Windows 10
environment and run it, and that also works perfectly. The problem happens
after I move that sqlite3.exe to C:\bin directory. When I run it from the DOS
Command Prompt, I get this error:

DOS|16:19:00.58>sqlite3
DOS|sqlite3: FATAL: Couldn't find sqlite3.

If I add .exe to the end,

DOS|16:19:57.46>sqlite3.exe
DOS|
DOS|16:21:33.36>

It appears as if it starts and does nothing. I tried chatting with SQLite
folks, but, apparently, I am the only one that uses Cygwin. I have been using
Cygwin for a long time, and I like it. Thoughts? Suggestions? Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

PS: This is the make sqlite.exe run:

E608313@HOR711318E ~/b/sqlite/SQLite-78723a9a
$ make sqlite3.exe
./libtool --mode=link i686-w64-mingw32-gcc -shared -static-libgcc
-DSQLITE_OS_WIN=1 -I. -I/home/E608313

I don't know if this is the problem, but do you really want to be using '-shared' when building an executable? I thought that was for building shared libraries.

Ken