Dear cygwin'ers -

I seem to be caught in a bind with the Cygwin permissions setup.

ssh insists that ~/.ssh/config have permissions no less permissive than
rw------- (600).

However, my backup program runs as SYSTEM and needs access.  I tried to
provide that access by adding an ACL g:SYSTEM:r-x, but that appears as
rw-r-x--- and ssh doesn't like it.

I seem to recall that at some point in the past we agreed to ignore the
permissions given to SYSTEM when computing effective permission (e.g., as
output by ls -l).  That would suit the purpose.

Did something change?  or am I misremembering the solution to the conundrum?

Note: I have Administrator privilege on my machine, but that doesn't help,
since the backup tool runs under SYSTEM, a different account.

Best wishes - Eliot Moss