On Apr 13 23:03, Eliot Moss via Cygwin wrote:
> Dear cygwin'ers -
>
> I seem to be caught in a bind with the Cygwin permissions setup.
>
> ssh insists that ~/.ssh/config have permissions no less permissive than
> rw------- (600).

Huh?  No, it doesn't, usually.  My file has perms rw-r--r-- (644) and
that's perfectly fine.  Also, I tried the same setting as you did,
i. e.

$ getfacl config
# file: config
# owner: corinna
# group: vinschen
user::rw-
group::---
group:SYSTEM:r-x
mask::r-x
other::---

And ssh still works as desired and does not throw any error.

You can also add g:SYSTEM:r-x to the directories and it should have
no negative side effect.  I just did that with ~/.ssh and ssh still
works as expected.

Corinna