UPDATE:

Running "cygcheck -rvs" on the updated installation (after all the "Unneeded"
packages were gone),
revealed that a few packages had become "Incomplete":

base-files
libMagickCore6_6
libMagickCore7_9
perl
perl-mapages
squid

I re-ran Setup and chose these packages to "Reinstall" from the "Up-To-Date"
list.

All of them were "(auto-selected)" previously, and I suppose with re-install
they lost their
status and are now installed as "Picked" (by me), so they won't be tracked as
"Unneeded" anymore
(which is not a big deal but not exactly as it has been intended, either).

Anyways, the reinstall of these has fixed the issue with their completeness,
and all seems now to be in a good working order.

I have a detailed report (cygcheck -rvs) of which files went missing from those
packages (if anybody wants to see them).

Anton Lavrentiev
Contractor NIH/NLM/NCBI