On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 04:44:40PM +0100, Ken Brown wrote:
> Slightly off-topic, but credit eligibility isn't the main reason for
> prepay. A lot of well-off people like it because it is easier to
> administer. I know people with jobs and credit ratings who chose to move
> to prepay, but I can't think of anyone who went the other way.   You
> walk into the shop and buy airtime, which many people find easier than
> having yet another "relationship" with yet another boring company.

But from what I saw it was around 4x more expensive.  A SIM with a
years contract (all paid up front) is pretty easy to obtain for 10 -
50 pounds depending on number of free minutes included.

> And some people even like anonymity.

Yes other things being equal I would find the anonymity aspects of
buying SIM without contract etc quite cool if there was not such a
price disparity.

Adam