> You can't outright counterfeit technically as the recipient of each
> coin checks that it's correctly formed, and authenticated by the bank,
> and that the chain of spends are all bound together.  By doing this
> the user is assured that either the coin will not be double-spent, or
> the bank will identify the double spender when the coin is deposited.

So now one must provide MORE information to get e-checks than for regular cash
or money orders ? I can walk in and buy the money order without providing ANY
info on myself. Credit cards work fine as it is.

Calling it a "coin" is deceptive.

What is exactly the purpose of this ? Partial anonymity ? AmEx already has that
(single-use CC numbers).

> If you use the normal approach of putting the identity in the coin,
> you can't double-spend anonymously.

And how will a regular consumer, with no math degree, verify that her coins are
indeed partially blinded ? Trust the bank ? No shit.

Dollar bills in plain white envelope wiith no return address beat the crap out
of all these convoluted schemes.

=====
end
(of original message)

Y-a*h*o-o (yes, they scan for this) spam follows:
http://taxes.yahoo.com/