> Changing "trust" to "believe" advances the discussion not one whit.
> Alice trusts Bob to sign keys accurately; Alice believes that Bob signs
> keys accurately.  The change doesn't add anything.

Belief is a physiological phenomenon that makes one accept otherwise silly
concepts in order to be unison with a group. It is essential for the
development of civilisation as we know it. The belief center is located in the
left cortical hemisphere close to the center for unrelated ranting.

Trust is an estimate of the future behaviour, extrapolation based on known
facts and past performances.

The two are completely unrelated.

=====
end
(of original message)

Y-a*h*o-o (yes, they scan for this) spam follows:
http://taxes.yahoo.com/