Steve Furlong wrote:
>US tanks don't have built-in locks as in private autos. They have heavy
>wire loops or bars and are locked with ordinary (if rather heavy-duty)
>padlocks.

Speaking of securing military vehicles... I understand that most US fighter
jets are not equipped with self-starters.  This differs from, say, Sweden
and Finland, where fighters have self-starters, to facilitate quick takeoffs
from backwoods roads.

If the US were ever invaded, surely such independent operational ability
would be a good thing.

Perhaps the US has a greater fear of such vehicles going walkabout?