From: "James A. Donald" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:  Clarification of challenge to Joseph Ashwood:

> Joseph Ashwood:
> > > So it's going to be broken by design. These are critical
> > > errors that will eliminate any semblance of security in
> > > your program.
>
> James A. Donald:
> >  I challenge you to fool my canonicalization algorithm by
> >  modifying a message to as to  change the apparent meaning
> >  while preserving the signature, or  by producing a message
> >  that verifies as signed by me, while in fact a meaningfully
> >  different message to any that was genuinely  signed by me.

That's easy, remember that you didn't limit the challenge to text files. It
should be a fairly simple matter to create a JPEG file with a number of 0xA0
and 0x20 bytes, by simply swapping the value of those byte one can create a
file that will pass your verification, but will obviously be corrupt. Your
canonicalization is clearly and fatally flawed.

> Three quarters of the user hostility of other programs comes
> from their attempt to support "true" names, and the rest comes
> from the cleartext signature problem.  Kong fixes both
> problems.

Actually Kong pretends the first problem doesn't exist, and "corrects" the
second one in such a way as to make it fatally broken.

>  Joseph Ashwood must produce a message that is meaningfully
>  different from any of the numerous messages that I have sent
>  to cypherpunks, but which verifies as sent by the same person
>  who sent past messages.
>
> Thus for Kong to be "broken" one must store a past message from
> that proflic poster supposed called James Donald, in the Kong
> database, and bring up a new message hacked up by Joseph
> Ashwood, and have Kong display in the signature verification
> screen

To verify that I would of course have to download and install Kong,
something that I will never do, I don't install software I already know is
broken, and fails to address even the most basic of problems.
                    Joe