On Saturday, November 30, 2002, at 07:05  PM, Tyler Durden wrote:

"(Tyler Durden, _please_ learn to trim your replies. Your "quote the entire thing" top posting is getting tiresome. I hear there are night school classes which teach Outlook Express or whichever braindead mailer you are using.)"

Damn are you grumpy Tim May. Whaddya usin', carrier pigeon to download messages? (Or does some form of carpal tunnel make it excruciatingly painful to scroll down?)
It doesn't matter what I am using. Top posting and bottom posting are both bad. A human responding to a message should begin to see a response on the first full screen of text, roughly. And he shouldn't find an entire quoted message which he is almost certainly never going to read tacked on at the end.

I use me editor to snip messages...you should, too.

I am neither speculating about nor curious about what which editor/mail program you are using, as I am assuming it's a 99% likelihood you are top-posting and excessively quoting for the usual reason: laziness.

--Tim May
"You don't expect governments to obey the law because of some higher moral development. You expect them to obey the law because they know that if they don't, those who aren't shot will be hanged." - -Michael Shirley