On Thursday, December 12, 2002, at 05:54  PM, Anonymous wrote:

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:47:25 -0800, Tim May wrote:

America used to disdain the secret trials, the Star Chamber proceedings so endemic in other parts of the world. Now we have them.

We will reap what we sow.

--Tim May
Spot on. But what, if anything, do you think can be done to
reverse this slide to Red White and Blue Stalinism with good PR?
I trust you are not one of those who will prattle something like
"exercise your right to vote", or "write your
congressperson/MP", etc.
Newcomers to Cypherpunks have 10 years' worth of archives to savor.

--Tim May
"Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal crime; the sentence is death, there is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity." --Robert A. Heinlein