On Wednesday, December 18, 2002, at 10:31  PM, Anonymous wrote:

And again, who cares WHAT happens to governments, as long as I can say what I want to whomever I want without worry about it being snooped on. And there's no way they can stop that now, just make things suck a little until they realize it.

Talking without being snooped on is only one of the facets of what strong cryptography implies.

These things were obvious to many of us long before Cypherpunks, and to all thoughtful Cypherpunks shortly after discovering this list. You really need to stop posting for a while and start catching up. Try thinking out some implications.

--Tim May
"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're around." --attribution uncertain, possibly Gunner, on Usenet