hi,

--- Jim Choate <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sat, 4 Jan 2003, Sarad AV wrote:
>
> > how do you know that apples and oranges are not
> same
> > or are same?
> > Its the way you look at it.
>
> No, ever see Apple and Oranges cross-breed?

well-no in the sense you mean but I can say yes if i
define it in a different way :)

>-THEY-
> look at it that way
> too. So there -is- something there to the cladistic
> viewpoint.

Look at this view point.

I say that "The earth is flat and round".

now lets attach a meaning to it that we make a sense
out of it.

The earth is flat when I observe from the earth.
The earth is round when I observe it from space.

It depends on the frame of reference.

When you are on earth you agree that  the earth is
flat.
when you are in space you agree that the earth is
round.

how ever you don't agree to me saying that both are
right.

As you see they are not equivalent either because
their *domains*-which is the frame of reference are
different.

thats my view point.

Regards Sarath.