Bill Stewart wrote:

> He was a Puerto Rican whose native language was Spanish (he was bilingual),
> but his name was something like Fred Mueller, so he failed the
> Spanish-Surnamed definition used by the bureaucrats.

This reminds me of a black acquaintance of mine whose last name was
"Garcia."  This entitled her to double-dip into both the black and
Hispanic coffers of affirmative action.

She was greatly in demand by employers desparate to "balance the
equation."  ("Think Like a Dinosaur" springs to mind)

--
Eric Michael Cordian 0+