Perhaps one of you crazies can shed some light on this.

While grabbing some lunch I passed by the Deutch Bank tower further down on Wall Street. Standing in front is what is clearly no standard $6/hour security gaurd, though he has no uniform. The guy's wearing jackboots and a jumpsuit, and I can tell from his build he's some kind of soldier. (He's also armed, but the guns are not visible.)

What's the deal here? It seems odd that the guy has no obvious uniform to make us all feel better (he'd certainly save us in the event of another terrorist attack), and scare away the numberless raghead terrorists. Is he there to make the Deutsch Bank execs feel better?

Also, what's the deal with him not having any ID or anything? Does a US soldier have to be marked?

(As for him being a soldier, take it from me I can tell this guy aint a standard rentacop.)

I'd take a photo but I have the distinct impression he'd try to nix it. (Also, I'm not too into attracting such attention around here.)

-TD