--
On 2 Mar 2003 at 1:00, Bill Stewart wrote:
> Most of the national talk shows on radio are either
> conservatives or ranting right wingers or sports shows (which
> don't count.) The ranters get some mileage out of insulting
> people for a while, trying to keep finding new people to hate
> and insult, but it gets old after a while, and now that
> there's no longer a Clinton Administration supplying easy
> targets, it's hard to sustain.

You take for granted that news shows are to the right of their
audience.  This does not seem to be the case.   Fox has
determined the political views of the typical person who is
interested in news, and Fox is dead center on that demographic.
If O'Reilly is neither right nor left, but instead "balanced",
even if far from fair, then existent talk shows are fairly
representative of their audience, about equally split between
right and left, which of course makes them all extreme right
wing as compared to most of the people who run the news.

As to which side is spewing rage and hatred, try googling for
references to "Ann Coulter".   Anne laughs at her opponents.  I
get the feeling that they would put me in the gulag if they
could, along with most of their audience.   Similarly recall
the debate between Chagnon and his various opponents. The joke
so often made about feminists is also very much applicable to
those than in the America call themselves liberals.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     gs4XF9FlWtm8J1QfFNuWUi7Oq6NmCglTocpcIxAG
     44Ui+eIfir//QVw+66bb3d5P+L4iWlBIkDXQFVERa