At 11:21 AM 03/02/2003 +0100, Eugen Leitl wrote:
On Sun, 2 Mar 2003, Dave Howe wrote:

> you find the author of one of those "10,000 verified email addresses!" cds
> you blow up his car, burn down his house, paint little targets on his kids,
> and cut his telephone connection.

Given that a hit job by Russian mafia ran for about 5 k$ not so very long
ago, the apparent immunity to mayhem by so many who've been begging for it
for a oh so long time restores my faith into fundamental niceness of the
average monkey.

A few years ago there were a couple of New Jersey spammers who got murdered. The news articles seem to have all expired, and I've forgotten whether they were Russians or the people assumed to have hit them were, or both, but apparently they were running a pump&dump stock scam and somebody didn't appreciate having been conned into losing a lot of money.

So what they really need to sell is "90 million email addresses verified
not to belong to vengeful Russian mobsters"...