Harmon Seaver wrote:

The better way to frame the question: May a private property owner
legally exclude people from it? Seems to me the answer should be, as a
general rule, yes

Absolutely yes, except for the fact that malls have invited the public in,

Are you saying that if I invite people to a party, I cannot then throw them off my property when and if they become abusive or offensive?

so once you've done that, it's pretty hard to exclude some portion of it.

No, it's not hard at all. "Sir, I'll have to ask you to leave the premises." That's all it takes.

Plus the whole other issue of whether the malls aren't partially owned by the public.

There is no "public," only individuals who sometimes, temporarily and in limited ways, work together.

If they've used eminent domain

then they are accomplices to armed robbery, and the property seized should be returned to its rightful owners, who may then exclude anyone they damn well please.

It would probably be best for society as a whole

Forget about "society"; only actual, individual people live, think, suffer, enjoy, have rights, etc.

There's also the issue of corporations not having any civil rights in the first place

Their owners certainly have property rights. These rights stem from their nature as human beings (or from God, if you are so inclined); they are not granted by nor subject to the approval of any government.