On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 04:57:42PM -0500, Steve Furlong wrote:
> On Friday 14 March 2003 10:12, Trei, Peter wrote:
>
> > If the US military does Really Bad Things to Iraqi civilians with
> > any frequency,  I have little doubt we'll hear about it in time.
> > There are journalists 'embedded' in many units.
>
> Whether or not the US military does Really Bad Things to Iraqi
> civilians, I have little doubt we'll hear stories of atrocities. There
> are US-bashers (Noam Chomsky) and US-military-bashers (Marc Herold)
> embedded throughout the world.

    "Whether or not"???? It's pretty safe to assume it's a given the US military
will have little reqard for civilian life in Iraq. They certainly didn't in
Vietnam. Nor in Desert Stork One. Or since. And we just saw pretty conclusive
evidence that the US forces in Afghanistan are torturing prisoners, some to
death.
   "US-bashers"  -- how about truth-tellers? Most people in this world have a
pretty clear idea what the US is all about at this point.

--
Harmon Seaver
CyberShamanix