Bill Stewart wrote:

> At 04:14 PM 03/26/2003 +1200, Peter Gutmann wrote:
> >The RAF used an EFP in 1989 to assassinate the chairman of Deutsche Bank
>
> I assume that's some Italian or German group's acronym
> and not Britain's Royal Air Force?  :-)
> (Besides, I thought assassinations were usually an SAS
> (Special Air Service, not Scandinavian Airlines) thing...)

Red Army Fraction (As Germans I suppose it would be something like Rote
Armee Fraktion?)

Most people called them "faction" in English but they preferred
"fraction" as it was meant  to imply that they were only a small part of
a vast army of workers et.c   They weren't, of course.

Bloody heck, they even have a web site: http://www.rafinfo.de/

More often called "Baader Meinhof Gang" presumably because Ulrike
Meinbhof looked sexier than most terrorists.

And yes, http://www.baader-meinhof.com/ exists - though it seems to be a
fan site.  So now we have assasination groupies.