--
On 27 Mar 2003 at 21:10, Major Variola (ret) wrote:
> .... Re: Usenet as solution to Al-Jazeera jamming problem
>
> I suspect that Usenet groups containing tens-o-megabyte files
> are often blocked by ISPs (and public sources would be
> overwhelmed). Also, wasn't Usenet plagued by evil
> message-cancellers?

Depends on your Usenet server.  The usual limit I encounter is
about ten megabytes for any one post.  I routinely download
five hundred megabyte video files using the PAR and RAR
mechanism to get around the ten megabyte limit.

Message cancellation has been cancelled by most servers.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     zGNjNM42e2hEu8yIJrhenqbS0TkNf/6rzBfGJfBN
     4YqqQnCTGeWDS3yBqZCEFGENvlML/3pgy37qawJDa