Uh...wha?

I said...
> The US was in Vietnam trying to fight their way up. So it
> would have been pretty evident to anyone watching that the US
> was trying to undermine the PRC.

And you said...
You live in a world of delusion.  Your dates are all wrong,
your events are all fiction.

So there was no Vietnam war? The US was not involved? It didn't occur in the 60s? Are you saying that the cultural revolution didn't begin in approximately 1966? That the Sino-Soviet split didn't occur in the late 1950s?

The US never followed an aggressive policy towards the PRC.

Like I said: Uh...wha?

Let's put it this way: Mao and China clearly interpreted US involvement around China (ie, Korea, Vietnam, Cambodia, etc...) as having a lot to do with containing the 'communist meanace' and restoring the Chiang regime to power (we had funded Chiang and the incredibly corrupt Soongs with billions of $ during the 30s and 40s). Whether you agree with this actually constituting "aggression" or not is almost irrelevant. Clearly, our involvement in all of those areas (along with the rhetoric along with MacArthur's words which got him fired) could easily be interpreted as such.

But let's sidestep this and point out that it's the US that did this then and is doing this in the middle east. Almost no other countires can be said to be involved in a meaningful way. So is it your belief that the US is somehow more moral/courageous/godfearing than all the other countries in the world? Why is it always us (and not other countries) meddling in foreign affairs? Doesn't that strike you as odd? Is it merely a coincidence that we continue to be the focus of lots of international hostility?

-TD

Get ready for school! Find articles, homework help and more in the Back to School Guide! http://special.msn.com/network/04backtoschool.armx