At 10:35 PM 3/26/2005, Eric Cordian wrote:
That which we may do to ourselves, if we are functioning, exceeds that
which we may require others to do to us if we are not.  I can deny myself
food, water, and air, for instance.  I cannot instruct others to deny me
those things if I am rendered incapable of making my own decisions.

Of course you can. That's what living wills and powers of attorney, etc. are for. But because we cannot assure that our nominees will do our bidding, what's really needed is assurance policies in which you contract for your demise. The 'payout' is triggered if you fail to contact your agent at regular intervals. Miss two appointments and a 'wet worker' is dispatched

Steve