Someone who works for one of the many payment systems recently told me
"there are about 73 of them, in fact".

Is there a list somewhere, or anyone centrally offering exchange?  The
definition she uses (working for a billpay company which collaterally offers
c2c payments) is pretty lax; c2c, b2c, c2b, or b2b, including for
vertical markets.  I suspect she meant internet centric systems, but might as
well include smartcards systems, etc., thanks to Intertrader.

In the style of Adam Shostack's crypto library listing, I think I'll set up
a "payment systems listing", since I've never found anything quite so expansive
on the net.  For each one, I want name, a paragraph or so, maybe some stats
like total in circulation, when started, etc., and a URL.

http://www.venona.com/payment/systems.html

There's what I've got so far:

wires:
* SWIFT
* ABA
* Fedwire
* ACH

credit cards:
* Visa
* MC
* Amex
* Discover
* DC/CB

cc hacks:
* webcertificate

atm:
* plus
* cirrus
* nyce

smartcards:
* mondex
* chipper

general:
* e-gold
* paypal
* DigiCash eCash
* DigiGold
* SAXAS

porn:
* like 7 "password systems" which are basically kludges to not conduct
fractioning while conducting fractioning.

gaming:
* NetBanx

bill payment/presentment:
* checkfree
* ms/transpoint

misc:
* vendor credits from seriously major vendors for clickthroughs
* easy-to-enter banner ad programs with high return (porn)
* gift certificates which can be sent around on the net)
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.venona.com/rdl/